I Want to Remember For You

I will remember for you so you don't have to...

Monday, July 26, 2010

Wine

The stars are devouring the Tokyo's night sky one light at a time. I poured myself another glass of red wine before taking a seat on our balcony. I noticed the city is even more lively tonight than it was last night or the night before that. I can feel my stomach a bit queasy from my second glass of wine but I guess that's what I get for skipping out on dinner tonight. I placed the wine glass down on a nearby table and joined you in the comfort of our bed. I saw you cried today. Did you know that I cried myself? I held you tightly so you wouldn't see the tears that were running down my face. I may not always understand the things you're going through but I do understand it's time like this that you need me more than anything else in this world. I made you dinner and you went to bed shortly after only one glass of wine but that was enough to help you sleep soundly. I turned over to face you and realized that if I could I would take away all the things that make you cry so all you have is laughter. Darling, I may be selfish when it comes to you but that is only because I love you so much. I closed my eyes and decided to sleep this queasiness away. Maybe tomorrow I will remember to eat before I drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment